Registration extended to December 4th. Now Open to People outside of Union County
Union County College
40 West Jersey Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07207
The Institute of Music for Children, Inc.
Youth Advocate Program, Inc. of Essex/Union County
Family & Children's Services
Care Plus NJ, Inc.
Boxwood Development Services
Summit Workshop Descriptions
1) Teen Communicating To Win - Reading Around The World Workshop is designed to introduce students to the power of fables. Fables include morals and life lessons so that students can learn about specific cultures and self.
2) Violence Prevention Workshop will prepare middle school students and discuss youth violence and its impact using evidence based curriculum so that they can understand the long term effects it causes to families.
3) Interactive Performing Arts Workshop is designed to raise awareness and demonstrate the unique power that the arts play in youth development. Effective arts education improves academic performance, increases personal motivation and sustains behavioral improvement.
4) Peaceful Alternative to Tough Solutions (PATTS) Workshop is designed to help students resolve issues without fighting back by practicing basic mediation skills.
5) Youth Achieving Success Workshop for Caregivers will assist parent(s)/guardian(s) in how engaging in services can decrease then likelihood of involvement in the juvenile justice system with emphasis on parenting skills.
6) Current Drug and Alcohol Trends in Union County for Parents Workshop will increase awareness so that caregivers can be better equipped to identify risky behaviors related to substance abuse through early intervention and prevention strategies in our communities.